- How to create a pull request and how to do it properly?
- Which are the guidelines or conventions to follow that makes everybody’s life easier?
- How to tag and label issues accordingly, so the right people/team can filter through.
- How to set reviewers for your code.
- There’s other commands you’ll need to use besides
- What is CircleCI.
- How to fix conflicts with the base branch. What is
cherry-pick? What about
- What happens after the PR is approved and merged? How to deploy? Shall I do that? What happens if things go south?
- Is my code tested properly?
These are only a couple of new things I’ve learned lately, and has been tremendously beneficial and helpful when trying to reach the objective of closing the knowledge gap between theory and how code is used in “real life”. Also thanks to some experienced colleagues (Like Igor and Andrija) that were happy to help with my newbie questions
I’m pretty happy that some of these Pull Requests had been approved and merged into Calypso, definitely learned a lot in the past weeks trying to contribute to the project and looking forward to keep doing so.